Study in Australia

By admin on Jun 01 in Aboard Study.

Study in Australia



Australia is one of the safest destinations in terms of security. Australians pride themselves on their friendliness and cultural diversity. The population lives in a generally safe, friendly, sophisticated and harmonious society. Many ethnic groups are represented in Australia, making it one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world. Australia is a liberal parliamentary democracy, similar to the USA and UK based on freedom of speech and association along with religious tolerance. Australia has a relatively warm climate.


Australia is divided politically into six States and two Territories.

Australian Capital Territory (ACT)-Canberra

Northern Territory (NT) – Darwin

Queensland (QLD) – Brisbane

South Australia (SA) – Adelaide

Tasmania (TAS)- Hobart

Victoria (Vic) – Melbourne

Western Australia (WA) – Perth


Varies but mostly Feb, April, July, Sep AND some of the university and college have monthly admission intake too.

Why Australia?

Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students. Australia has been always one of the preference and popular destination for higher education and to acquire degree for international as well as Nepalese Students. Australian government invests $200 Million annually for international scholarships. Australia is already the third best international student destination in the world, after the US, and the UK with over 22000 courses at 1100 institutions. Most of the education institutions of Australia are housed in five of the 30 best cities in the world for students based on ethnicity of students, affordable tuition fees and living costs, higher quality of life, and employment opportunities.

Cost of Living

Financing your stay is one of the most important things for living in Australia. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has set out minimum financial requirements an international student should meet.

The 12 month living cost from Feb 1, 2018: AUD20, 290 for single, additional AUD7,100 for living with partner/spouse and AUD 3,040, for a child. The comparison between major student cities in Australia with that in USA and UK shows that you can maintain the safe standard of life in Australia with less money than in those countries.

Permanent Resident

Australia is one of the most popular countries to live and work in booming economy for specialized skilled people. Students will have job search visa after their study in Australia, they can plan the permanent residency during the period according to skill set.

Cost of Education

The costs of studying in Australia depend on the institution and the level of study you choose.

School – $10,000 per annum to $30,000

English language studies – Around $250 per week depending on course length and institution

Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000

Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $9,000 to $33,000

Postgraduate Masters Degree – $9,000 to $37,000

*$=Australian dollar

English language provider testMinimum test scoreMinimum test score where combine with at least 10 weeks ELICOSMinimum test score where combined with at least 20 weeks ELICOS
International English Language Testing System5.554.5
*Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper based527500450
TOEFL internet based test463532
Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)162154147
Pearson Test of English Academic423630

Australian Education

Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students, with more than 1,100 institutions and over 22,000 courses to choose from:

1) VET
Australia has a Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. VET prepares people for work in a career that does not need a university degree. A government institution called Technical and Further Education (TAFE) is a major provider of VET. TAFE offers a range of nationally recognized vocational qualifications including Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Graduate Certificate courses.

2) University
There are 43 universities in Australia (40 Australian universities, two international universities, and one private specialty university) where you can earn Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degree. Universities offer a wide range of courses like Arts & humanities, Business & Economics Clinical, pre-clinical & health, Computer Science, Engineering & technology, Life sciences, Physical sciences, Social sciences and many more.

3) English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas (ELICOS)
The Australian government has an official ELICOS student visa especially for students who require English Language Training before starting formal academic studies. This means you can have English Language Test (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE) score not sufficient to be accepted to a university or other tertiary education institution but still travel to Australia for further study.

As an international student in a study visa, you must study with an institution and in a course that is registered with the CRICOS. CRICOS registration guarantees that the course & the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students.

AQF Qualification by Sector of Accrediation

School Sector AccreditationVocational and Technical Education Sector AccreditationHigher Education Sector Accreditation
Senior Secondary Certificate of EducationVocational Graduate Diploma
Vocational Graduate Certificate

Advanced Diploma

Certificate IV
Certificate III
Certificate II
Certificate I
Doctoral Degree
Masters Degree
Graduate Certificate
Bachelor Degree
Associate Degree
Advanced Diploma

The international reputation of the courses and the universities alike ensures no matter where in the world you choose to pursue your dream, your degree, skill and talent will be recognized.

Working in Australia

After you get the student visa of Australia you are allowed to work up to 40 hours a fortnight when your course in session and full time when your course is not in session (during holidays). Though you can arrive in Australia on your student visa up to 90 days before your course starts, you are not allowed to begin working until your course has started. Before you begin working, should also obtain a Tax File Number from the Australian Tax Office. The family members of the visa holder are also allowed to work 40 hours a fortnight work limit at all times.


1) Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), as visa condition, is required of every international student in Australia and their dependent family members (spouses and/or children below age of 18). The students and their dependents should maintain OSHC for the duration of time they are in Australia. OSHC covers the costs of medical and hospital care that holders may need while in Australia including some pharmaceuticals and ambulance services. You can arrange to pay for your OSHC through your educational institution or you can purchase OSHC online by visiting the OSHC insurers’ websites.

2) Travel insurance
It is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or domestically. There are travel insurance companies, airline/travel booking companies to issue travel insurance on request.

Documentation Checklist for admission & Visa

Offer letter

Academic documents till date



Work Experience (If any)

Statement of Purpose (SOP)

University/College Application form

Skype/phone interview may be conducted by university for offer letter (Offer letter processing time 1 to 2 week)

Visa Documentation

All academic documents (Transcript, Provisional, Character)

2 recent passport-size color photos with white background.


Financial documents @ Educational Loan from Nabil or SBI bank limited of Nepal to cover 1 year fee & 1 year living cost, with traveling cost for Streamlined Students. Or @ Minimum 3 months old bank balance certificate & statement with evidence of income

Income sources with supporting documents

Valuation of Property with supporting documents

Tax Clearance Certificate

CA Report

Relationship certificate with sponsors and family members

Birth Certificate

Police Report

Citizenship Certificate (translated in English)

Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) from University/College

Marriage certificate (If you are applying with a spouse, evidence of the ‘genuine and continuing’ nature of your relationship with your spouse.)

157A Visa Application form for dependent

Visa Application charge (Demand Draft)

Add Comment